If you suddenly start to notice that your clothes get a strange odor after washing, and there are black stains between the rubber rings or in the washing powder compartment, it’s time for you to take some action! These black stains are actually dangerous fungus that causes a number of diseases in humans.
Mold normally appears in conditions of high humidity and heat, which makes the washing machine an ideal place for the growth of fungal spores, which can easily spread through air and nest on different surfaces.
What you need:
– some liquid cleaning detergent (preferably containing chlorine)
– a sponge
– 25gr salt of lemon or potassium hydrogen oxalate
- The first step in fighting fungus is wiping the inside of your washing machine with some tissues in order to remove the accumulated dirt.
- Then apply the cleaning agent (with chlorine content) over the entire surface of the rubber ring, distributing evenly.
- Close the door and leave for a couple of hours.
- After this, set your washing machine on ‘rinse’ program, and turn it on.
- Then put some salt of lemon in the detergent compartment and set your washing machine on the highest temperature. Turn it on.
In the end, your washing machine will look like new. If necessary, repeat the procedure in a month in order to completely get rid of the mold.
Last, but not least, always leave the door of your washing machine open after a wash cycle. This will also prevent bacteria and mold proliferation.
Believe it or not, this preventive maintenance will significantly extend the life of your washing machine!
Thanks for taking the time to read this article. If you found this information helpful, please share it with your friends and family. Your support in our endeavor of sharing free information would be much appreciated.