Never Drink The Water From Your Nightstand- Here's The Reason Why





Many people leave a glass of water on their nightstand before going to bed in case they wake up during the night feeling thirsty. And, all of you who have done this or do it regularly will know the strange taste this water has in the morning.



Regular water unlike food doesn’t contain sugars or proteins that microbes thrive on. So we can’t say that it’s microbes that account for its strange taste.
Water left in a glass is more susceptible to dust particles and air-borne bacteria.
When water is exposed to air, it absorbs carbon dioxide, a small part of which is converted into carbonic acid. In other words, this implies that water exposed to air is prone to changing its chemical structure. To be more specific, carbon acid converts into carbonate or bicarbonate when it releases one or two protons, which in turn changes the water pH. This change also affects its taste.

When water is exposed to air, it absorbs carbon dioxide, a small part of which is converted into carbonic acid. In other words, this implies that water exposed to air is prone to changing its chemical structure. To be more specific, carbon acid converts into carbonate or bicarbonate when it releases one or two protons, which in turn changes the water pH. This change also affects its taste.

Although this doesn’t necessarily mean that water that’s been on your nightstand all night is harmful to drink, it’s definitely something worth considering due to the fact that this water has collected a lot of dust and air-borne bacteria. So, the next you feel thirsty when you wake up, simply hop to your kitchen and get some fresh water instead.

Thanks for taking the time to read this article. If you found this information helpful, please share it with your friends and family. Your support in our endeavor of sharing free information would be much appreciated.