Onions are a natural treatment for many health issues. It is one of the most effective treatments for extreme vomiting and as a basic antibiotic that can improve your immune system.
The onion is a from a family of plants called allium and is rich in sulphur offering the onion with its antibiotic and antiseptic properties. Onion is also extremely high in antioxidant Querectin which helps the body to fight free radicals.
Breathing conditions react well to onion juice as it is a great expectorant. Onions are good for cholesterol levels, heart, arthritis, a terrific antioxidant, and helpful for diabetics due to its flavonoid and sulphur compounds. Onions have been used as a basic treatment for thousands of years.
Interesting Ways to Utilize an Onion
- Help Clear Chest Congestion - Squash an onion within coconut oil. Cover the chest with onion paste and cover your chest with a small towel then a shirt.
- Colic- Cherokee Indian recipe for colic children: Boil a small amount of diced yellow onion in water. Let the onion cool in the water then drain. Feed a teaspoon of the onion tea to the child every hour until the baby appears to have some relief.
- Ear pain/infection-- Slice onion and put them into a thin sock and tie the sock closed. Place the flattened onion sock over the distressed ear and cover the head/ear/sock with a hat to hold the sock in place. Remove when discomfort is gone.
- Cuts- The transparent film of the onion skin will stop moderate bleeding right away. It also functions as an antiseptic for the injury.
- Cough- Peel a large onion and slice in half. Cover the face of each onion with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and cover the onions for one hour. The sugar/onion relish needs to be taken two times a day to assist with the cough.
- Fever- Slice an onion into thin slices. Rub the bottom of the feet with coconut oil. Put a thin slice into the arch of each foot and cover with cling wrap. Cover the onion/feet with sock over night to enable the onion to draw out toxins and the disease from the body.
- Cleanse the air- Location pieces of onion on plates throughout your house to purify the air of viruses and bacteria.
- Vomiting- Grate 1 white or yellow onion. Press the onion juice from the onion covered in a cheesecloth. Brew a strong cup of peppermint tea and let it cool. Drink 2 teaspoons of the onion juice and wait 5 minutes. Consume 2 teaspoons of the cool peppermint tea and wait 5 minutes. Repeat both the onion juice and peppermint tea up until the symptoms decrease. Throwing up should stop instantly and the nausea needs to go away within 15 minutes.
Other Neat Onion Uses:
Rub a cut onion on you to ward off bugs
Onion juice rubbed into your hair promotes growth
Onion juice repels moths
Boiled and cooled onion juice sprayed onto plants drives away pests
Rub an onion piece into the face of an iron to prevent rusting
Polish copper and glasses with an onion piece
Rub a cut onion on you to avoid freckling
The Native Americans have actually utilized onion to deal with colds and flu for centuries. Even the World Health organization has actually recognized the ability of onion to alleviate coughs, congestion, bronchitis and breathing infections.
As you can see, onion treatments have been around for centuries and is a trusted, proven treatment for many conditions.
In the spirit of health, give among these natural onion remedies a shot next time you are feeling a little under the weather.
Thanks for taking the time to read this article. If you found this information helpful, please share it with your friends and family. Your support in our endeavor of sharing free information would be much appreciated.
You have permission to republish this article under a Creative Commons license with attribution to Deprogram Yourself