Can you think of having a worm stuck in your eyeball? It's a real story and it might occur to you if you have taken in sushi or other vertebrates.
Gnathostomiasis is a parasitic infection triggered by larvae (worms). The disease is most common in Southeast Asia, but cases have been reported in other parts of the world. This infection is brought on by eating any one of the following:
undercooked or raw freshwater fish
Symptoms and signs
If you're infected, you will discover migratory swellings under your skin. You may likewise experience these indications:
Abdominal or ideal upper quadrant discomfort
Symptoms must appear 24 Hr after usage.
As the worm moves throughout the body, it causes the infected individual to experience serious pain. Though it's rare, the parasite can penetrate other tissues such as the liver, the nerves, the spine, the eye, resulting in vision loss or loss of sight, or the brain, resulting in nerve discomfort, paralysis, coma and death.
In this video, Dr. Greger provides you with more information about gnathostomiasis and shares real-life cases:
Thanks for taking the time to read this article. If you found this information helpful, please share it with your friends and family. Your support in our endeavor of sharing free information would be much appreciated.
You have permission to republish this article under a Creative Commons license with attribution to Deprogram Yourself